Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December 2012



My Favorite Things

I'm going to make this a year in photo review - as in My Favorite Things of 2012.  Some photos may have made a prior appearance but some may be new photos to this blog.  You can find the "Rule of Thirds" in a few of them. 

Family

The boys at Mackinaw City.  They had their swim suits in the car but we didn't get them on them.  At least they had dry clothes for later.


I still can't believe my husband let me take this photo.  
While the Nguyen's were here invading the Great North, my dad took them out on Spar Wars to bring the boat back from Harbor Springs to Boyne.  They were thrilled when he let them jump off at the beach to play with their cousins.  I am sure he and Michelle were thrilled to have a peaceful trip the rest of the way to town.


 All ten grandchildren ages 11 to 2 in this photo.




Ty and Sam making cakeballs with Sydney at Grandma Carol and Grandpa Bruce's while we attempted to make taffy.  The cake balls turned out a bit better.
 
 
 
 


Tyler's 11th Birthday Breakfast with Grandma Judy and Papa Jerry at The Original Pancake House in Bay Harbor.






 
 
 
 
Christmas at my dad's with the Michigan grandkids and their new Spar Wars hats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Moonshine

My favorite moon shots from this year.  This year was the first time I "figured it out" and was successful at actually getting a clear shot.  (There were a few duds in there too.)  I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I did taking them.
 




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunsets & Sunrises













 

 

 

 

By far, my favorite sunset photo from the year.  This was taken at the Harborage Marina.  Tyler and I ran down when I saw the sun was setting behind the rainstorm and we just made it home as it was starting to rain on us. 

 

 

 

 

Seasons

Summer

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My favorite photos from summer include camping with my mom and family at Whiting's Park, Sam jumping from my Uncle Jeff's dock, and from our family trip to Pictured Rocks in Munising.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fall


My favorite photos of fall. 

 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 Winter



Taken just a few weeks ago, this was the begining of our winter here in Boyne.  The wind was calm for a week and made the sunrises over the lake just beautiful - especially with the dusting of snow. 
 
Always a favorite around town, the Brooks' annual light display is such a treat! 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Spring 




2012 brought us the last year of Tyler's Little League Career and Sam's first try at Coach Pitch.Springtime means a few things here in Boyneland including Mushroom Hunting, baseball, and rolling up our pant-bottoms for the first few trips to the beach of the year.
 



 
Sam and Alex at Young State Park 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Flowers

Spring makes a good segway to my flower category. Here are my favorites from this year.
 
 





 
 
 

 

1 comment: