Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week Two- Aisha


Weather.....its one of those nights when you appreciate Gods creations! I'm so thankful to live only miles away from the beautiful Lake Michigan.


Something silly....here is my Travis making face imprints into his play dough. Leave it up to him, silly boy!
Another Silly photo....just play dough. You can see we are on our back deck. My focus was the play dough and using an f stop of 4.5 and ISO of 200 I was able to create a beautiful watercolor like effect with the trees and sunlight in the background. 

Toes.....My son Ben's toes, he used his feet impression as his work of art. Adding his name and age he was very proud of his creation.

3 comments:

  1. On a side note.....with the f-stop low and than zooming in on the subject you will get an even more depth of field (fuzzy) backgroud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How close were you to the play dough? How close to the deck rail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About a foot away from the playdough laying on the ground with the camera basically on the deck in my hands. That is how I got the foreground out of focus as well and 6-8 feet from the deck rail. Make sure you have a low f-stop and it helps if you zoom in a bit. HAVE to make sure your focus is ON your subject. Take a few....we are digital take four or five! :) Loved your photos this week Ashli, makes me feel like Im in your back yard! ♥

      Delete