Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 8 - Ashli

This week we had a theme for the first time.  It was a great theme and I was very excited about it, but found it to be HARD!  I enlisted a little bit of help from family and friends to get ideas and here is what I came up with.  Hope you enjoy them.  Also, Welcome to our new bloggers: Amy, and Anne! 

The Breakfast Club
Believe it or not, the top shelf of our pantry often looks like this. One of the perks of being a Kellogg family.

Mike's breakfast while we were camping. :-) 

Some Kind of Wonderful
This is my mother in law with a very tired Quinn.  I know she is thinking this is wonderful to have him snuggling with her.  I am so thankful to have a wonderful mother in law who love my children SO much!

Pretty In Pink

This is Mike's cousin Todd who is secure enough in his masculinity to wear pink.  And he looks good in it! 
The Great Outdoors

The sun setting over Crystal lake

Caleb pondering  how the vast expanse of water in front of him mirrors his life.  ;-) 

Weird Science
I froze a bunch of toys and trinkets in a large block of ice and gave the boys tools to excavate them with.

Quinn like the water bottle, Caleb favored the screw driver and hammer approach.
Close up

7 comments:

  1. Mike's breakfast almost looks like him! Tee, hee!
    Love the excavation idea! I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job, Ash! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your great outdoor pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa! The sunset was really beautiful there. Amy, that was my plan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Love Crystal Lake! I also found this past week's theme to be hard.. definitely worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed Theresa, it definitely got me out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Caleb's silowet, great angles!! Looks like the camper is getting some great use and making some even better memories!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting out of your comfort zone is the trick to growing your photography skills!! My photo club made my theme for this month Low light because I have a hard time with it and now I have my amazing horse photos. Keep the camera close and your memories will never be forgotten!!

    ReplyDelete