Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week Seven - Melissa

Mommy Time-
For me, this usually still comes with kids.  My youngest goes to summer preschool during the older two's swim school time.  This allows me to sit on the beach (with the other moms) and enjoy the hum of kids playing and maybe have an adult conversation or two.


 GREEN -  
The first picture is from my garden.  I had all but given up on this special lily that I purchased two years ago from the Farmer's Market.  Oh, how happy am I to finally see it ready to bloom this year!  The second picture is from a field on my drive to work.  If I catch the timing right as the sun is setting, there are so many shades and shadows - it is one of my favorite spots along the way.  (It is also just before Ashli's parent's house.)


My CIRCLES -
I love the sunsets at Michigan Beach in Charlevoix.  There was a van of people waiting for the "green flash" and wanted me to get rid of the clouds that were ruining it for them.

The purple flowers are globe thistle at my in-laws house.  They are usually buzzing with bees so I caught this picture at a good time. Mine are not in bloom yet, but soon.


 Low light/Quiet time -
This morning, I decided to skip the traffic and construction of Boyne City Road and took the Ironton Ferry.  I was the only one on the boat and the Captain let me get out and snap a few shots.  I forget how peaceful the lake is at sunrise.


 PLAYTIME -
The first photo is of my oldest (floating) playing in the water with his friend Caden waiting for his swim school class to start.

The second is from tonight's Stroll the Streets with Boyne Thunder.  The Poker Run is tomorrow (Saturday) but somehow I think I will be a bit busy with the kids this weekend to take and/or post more photos.  Maybe I'll be able to add a few more - we'll see.




4 comments:

  1. Aisha - I used my (actual) camera and not my phone for this week. I have a Nikon Coolpix L110.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I really like the thistle photo with the fence disappearing in the background and the shot off the ferry. One question though, what is the "green flash"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The "green flash" happens when the sun sets over the water and the last sunlight hits the horizon. It doesn't always show and clouds get in the way. You see it more at the ocean.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the photos Melissa! Nikon is the best in my book! I have never used a coolpix but heard they are good cameras! I have a Nikon D5000 and a D7000. D7000 is my newest and favorite toy!! :) You have a great eye, Love the thistle and the orange pop photo. Everyday items are my favorite if Im not doing portraits. LOVE that you joined us!!

    ReplyDelete