Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week Twenty - Ashli

I have a confession to make.  I did not take one single picture with my camera this week.  In fact, it is still sitting here on my desk, plugged into the computer from last week, when I uploaded my photos.  So, what to do?  Skip this week?  I didn't want to do that since so many others are taking a break right now.  But it rained all day and my husband and kids were gone, so I couldn't really get out and take any today either.  I did take some photos with my phone.  So, I have decided to dig into the archives and also use what I took with my phone.  Sadly, I don't think any of them use the concepts that Aisha wanted us to try this week.  I promise to keep them in mind going forward. Please don't hate me.  P.S.  This is the only way I can get all seven photos!

Color:
This is a pretty pink plant I photographed at the zoo in Naples, Florida. 

Wild:
This is my "wild," cat Iris.  He (yes, I said he) is trying to tell me something in this pic, I just can't remember what it was. 

Snack time:
This is my friend's daughter at a birthday party.  Quinn saw this photo and told me that her ice cream is in the shape of a dog.  I think he's right.  Do you see it? 

Animals:
This is my other cat Stanley - he dreams of a career in photography. Add your own caption.

Happy:
This is an old favorite of Quinn from last fall.  I had just gotten my new camera and we had flipped the screen around so we could take self portraits.  He was enthralled. 

In the Car:
This was on the way home from our camping trip last weekend.  If you notice the bottom left corner, he fell asleep mid-graham cracker. 
This was the lovely weather on our way home from our date last night.  In fact, it's pretty much like that outside right now.

Creepy:

Once in a while, I let my kids pick out an exotic fruit they want to try.  A couple of weeks ago Caleb picked out this horned melon.  It tasted about as disgusting as it looks. Surprisingly he liked it and ended up eating quite a bit of the gelatinous goo.
Sorry this is not a very good photo - I had to be sneaky.  At the Curves I go to, they are having a book sale to raise money for breast cancer research.  This is on of the books they had for sale.  I laughed out loud!

5 comments:

  1. Your cat Stanley is so handsome! ..and that fruit looks absolutely disgusting! Love the sausage book! ;)
    I actually took photos this week, so glad to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have no problem with "old" pictures. I just enjoy seeing what's posted. :)

    I like the horned melon pic the best. My boys always want me to buy a coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa- Stan is handsome, and fat! Thanks Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WILD.....thats all I have to say!!! LOVE the horned mellon, thats funny that Caleb ate it! A great Halloween food! Anyways, as usual, your doing great! I can't wait to come down and shoot with you! One of these days!

    ReplyDelete