Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 12 - Michelle

August 20, 2012

This is my first blog post and I appreciate Ashli and fellow bloggers for allowing me to contribute!  I really enjoyed my first week snapping pictures.  This week's theme was  a good place for me to start since I could simply stick with the colors around me.  I hope you all enjoy.


The Hunt for Red October

(Or in this case, the hunt for red Sriracha).  This week I helped my Mother-in-Law move into her new home.  I organized her kitchen and had to snap a pic of her stash of what I call Vietnamese Ketchup.






Clockwork Orange

Presenting the University of Texas Tower.  I can see this from the boy's bedroom window, but I had to take a little drive to get a good closeup.  It will be lit up bright orange when the Longhorns win a game.


Goldeneye

I made an Icebox Lemon Pie this week that was really yummy!



Fried Green Tomatoes

I had this nice closeup of an Agave ready to use, but on my walk with my mom yesterday I had to snap a picture of this behemoth!


Blue

We had a great time swimming in Lake Charlevoix last week, but now we are back to swimming in the pool. It's slightly refreshing for the 100 degrees . . .


The Color Purple

All of the purple veges I received in my CSA box this week.


Single White Female

Ok, so this is lame, but I truly am the lone white girl in my family.  Ha!

6 comments:

  1. So glad that you can join all of us! I had no idea that agave plants got to be so big, that is amazing! Great pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots Michelle! Welcome to our blog. We are so glad you decided to join us! I love the pool picture and the clock tower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I LOVE Sriracha! (Though it would take me YEARS to go through that much!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice jobe Michelle! Thank goodness Ashli wrote your name in the comment because I didn't know who did this. Add your name next to the week your posting. I LOVE the close up of the Agave. The Clockwork Orange is perfect!! So glad you could join us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! It's been cool in the mid-70s here this week, sorry you had to go! Way to get mom in the blog wearing a green shirt, no less! I will admit, even though you called it lame, I had the same thought for this pic; hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! I especially enjoyed the clocktower.

    ReplyDelete