Monday, August 20, 2012

Week 12 - Melissa

The Hunt for Red October





Well, vacation is over this week and it is back to work reality. I forgot how time management is such a big part of my every day life. 

I am so glad Ashli "recycled" a photo because this one I took last week and played in perfectly for me.  There isn't too much color change up here quite yet and you have to "hunt" for it.  We'll give it a week or two and there will be MUCH more to choose from.






Clockwork Orange

This week was my baby's 5th birthday.  All summer he has been saying he wanted an Annoying Orange cake for his party.  Although we tried and tried to convince him of ANYTHING else, this is the cake I came up with.  It is a four layer cake with orange curd filling and orange buttercream frosting.  I made a cupcake and cut the top off for Annoying Orange and borrowed Mr. Potato Head pieces to represent their faces.  I took the liberty of a new character "Cake" for the occasion. 

If your kids have never seen Annoying Orange, count your blessings and avoid.  He lives up to his name.  (If you are really that curious, look on Nick or YouTube.)

 Fried Green Tomatoes

(Sigh) My tomatoes are being stolen/eaten by some creature so I have decided to take them off the vine while green and ripen them on my herb drying screen.














Goldeneye




Black-eyed Susans from my mother in-law's garden.













The Color Purple


I just can't seem to go a week without a sunset picture.  I was actually looking for the color orange when I took this but this sky with all the colors fading to the purple night sky is one of my new favorites.













 Single White Female

 I found this pretty lady while the kids and I were out for a drive.  I had to turn around after passing her when the lightbulb came on!  She was hanging out with her friends but was off to the side a bit which made for the perfect opportunity to "single" her out.

 








 

6 comments:

  1. Love Love Love your sunset photo! The silhouetts are amazing, so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunset and the cow is super cute. I was wondering about that cake when I saw it on FB. Never heard of Annoying Orange. Glad you used the red leaf photo - I was thinking you should use it. That's what reminded me of mine. Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your picture of the cow, just the simplicity of it, it's great! Your Annoying Orange cake looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I'm sorry that your son likes annoying orange. I had a 20-something show me annoying orange and told me that it was hysterical. I agree with you, just plain annoying.

    ReplyDelete