Monday, August 20, 2012

Week Twelve - Ashli


I know I was the one who came up with the list for this week, but it was much harder than I thought!  I'm afraid I didn't get too many of the Movie themes in there. Mostly just the colors. I did have a chance to get together with Aisha this weekend and get some great photography tips about how to shoot in manual mode.  So, be on the lookout for better pictures in the future!  

The Hunt for Red October:

I did not get a new photo for this one, but an older photo of mine kept popping into my head for this topic, so I'm posting it anyway. I hope no one is annoyed that I'm recycling here.



A Clockwork Orange: 
This is the clock at Clara's on the River - a restaurant that used to be the train station in Battle Creek.  Snapped it on our way into the library with the boys.



GoldenEye: 
The sun rising over Bass Lake in Pentwater, MI.  I got up super early and walked down to the beach to capture this.  There were a lot of good ones but I chose this one.  I love how you can see the mist, and the weeds poking through the water in the foreground. 



Fried Green Tomatoes: 
This is an enormous Oak tree near our campsite.  It was truly majestic.


The Blues Brothers: 
Brotherly love, with Lake Michigan as a backdrop!

The boys goofing off on the beach at Charles Mears State Park in Pentwater


Single White Female: 
If you haven't noticed, I love taking photos of texture.  This is a mattress topper we ordered for our camper. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your texture pictures too! The sunrise is beautiful! Great job, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashli, your sunrise photo is gorgeous! Love your texture shot too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pics! I too love how the mist is coming off the lake. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete