Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 15 - Amy

WEEK 15


Back To School
School doesn't start until September 17th here. We went to open house this week, though, so the boys could  meet their teachers. Kieric will be a 4th grader and Dagny will be a Kindergartner. We got Tirion a backpack so that she wouldn't feel left out.


End Of Summer
The end of Summer here begins with Round Up. Round Up started this Saturday with the dress up parade. Kieric rode on the church float and they won first place.


Looking Down
Looking down on Dag and Tirion eating their doughnuts, waiting for the parade to start.


At Work

I couldn't pick just one photo for this. I participated in the Warrior Dash this weekend and it was hard work. It was a 5K with 12 obstacles. At least half of the trail was on a very steep uphill grade. My mom took photos for me.










This is one of the less dirty obstacles.











I was covered in mud by the end.The last obstacle was going under barbed wire, walking through a mud pit and sliding down a muddy hill.






After the race, everyone washed off in a small pond. Needless to say, I took a shower when I got back to my dad's house.








Clutter
 All of these shoes were donated by runners. They will be cleaned up and distributed to those in need.


On My Plate
I made a cheesecake from scratch for the first time. It was a pecan lavender cheesecake with blueberry lavender sauce. It was so good that it was gone in two days and I had a coworker tell me that it needed to be entered in a contest. 



1 comment:

  1. What a cool shoe pile!! What an even more awesome run! Congratulations, that is super cool! Love the photos, feel like I was there with you. What an accomplishment. Wahoo!!

    ReplyDelete