Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week 15 - Melissa

 

Back to School

Waiting for the bus on the first day.
We are in preschool, 1st, and 5th grades this year.

End of Summer

The leaves are changing and the sky is still blue.  There is no snow in the air yet, but it is getting chilly.







Looking Down




Looking down river of the Boyne.  This is a launch spot off Spring Street.

















For my husband's birthday, we went zip lining at Wildwood Rush here in Boyne.  This is loooking down one of the canopy bridges.

I figure Aisha will like the leading lines on this one.











This morning, I went for a photo trip with my father in-law.  This is Boyne from the air looking down Lake Charlevoix.

We have been trying to get out in the plane for a while now, and luckily this morning was perfect.






At Work


We take the first week of school off every year to get the to-do list done and enjoy the end of summer.  This week, my husband built a fence to our back yard.  This latch was the hardest to get matched up and working properly but he got it done on the first try!












Clutter



Our front porch has a good collection of clutter.  It has become a catch-all for when we get home.  Notice bathing suits and towels on the drying rack, kites, coolers, a tent, golf clubs... We are at the begining of re-doing it and hopefully it will have better (neater) storage when we are done.

(My sister just got a rash.)









On My Plate

My husband's Birthday Breakfast at Cafe Sante
Eggs Benedict

This week, I made my Aunt Deb's Monster Cookies.  I haven't had them since she moved to Hilton Head Island and have missed her baking so much.  They are yummy!










4 comments:

  1. Love the leading lines. Before reading I look at all photos large to see if I can put photos with the list. Of course that photo caught my eye right away! End of summer also did. That is a perfect example where rule of thirds did not make the photo, was not needed, perfect and very impactful on its own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a few pictures with the leaves and couldn't see really what I had until I got them off the camera. This was what I was trying to get with the color contrast and leaf lines. The others were only so-so. :)

      Delete
  2. How did you know I had a rash?? If you release the restraining order, I could come over and totally organize that for you!

    Love the bridge pic - my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete