Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 21 - Melissa

 

Left


My "Lefty"


Right

So using road signs is an easy out with directions as a subject matter but these signs have always seemed silly to me.  There are SO many! 

Up

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ABOVE:  The sun coming up.  With the counterpoint concept in mind with the telephone poles and lines.
RIGHT:  The leaves are still up on this tree.  I love how the sun brightened the color of the red leaves.

 

 
 

Down


The leaves on this tree are down.  I took this with Aisha's "Clouds are our friends" concept in mind.

Forward

  Aren't they cute?

Backward


Looking backward at Aunt Mel.

Diagonal


 
 
 
The wind blew the flames (and smoke) to the left diagonally at my sister in-law's family party on Saturday night.  I like the flames in the picture to the right but the sparks in the picture above turned out just as I hoped.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. I didn't realize how awful the RIGHT picture was. Please know it was taken (obviously) in the dark, in the rain, through the windshield, and with my phone. Geesh. I won't do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I thought you would use that pic of the boys doing a dance move for diagonal. I love seeing Alex fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo was taken a few weeks ago. I was just playing on Instagram. :)
      He had fun (I think) but Luke and I were laughing because the attention span lasted about 15 minutes.

      Delete
  3. Those fire pictures are awesome! And I love the tree with the leaves still on, such vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love fire photos.
      The tree photo really doesn't do the real thing justice. The blue got a little washed out in the pic and the red was (hard to explain) darker even though the brightness came through.

      Delete
  4. Love them Melissa, although seeing your photos always makes me homesick!

    ReplyDelete