Monday, October 1, 2012

Week Eighteen - Ashli

This week was HARD! It required a lot of planning and a little bit of traveling for me.  That said, I am happy with what I came up with.  It forced me out of my comfort zone a little bit, and  I think that's fantastic!  Here are my photos for the week:

National Comic Book Day:  "Spidey Baller"
I purposely had Caleb put on his Spidey suit for this - but then just let him do his thing.  He's been practicing his dribble lately.  Notice the one sock. 

National Crush a Can Day:
He tried really hard to do it this way

But resorted to the foot when that didn't work


Native American Day:
I cheated a little on this one.  This is a statue outside of a church in Santa Fe - I couldn't help it.  I think she's beautiful and I wanted to share! P.S. Does anyone else think she looks a little like Lisa Ling?

National Coffee Day:
This is my favorite coffee cup.  I don't let anyone else use it for fear they might break it. 

Some mornings it feels like the whole world is black and white until you have your first cup right?

Gold Star Mother's Day:
This is where I got out of my comfort zone.  I took a little drive out to the Fort Custer National Cemetery to get these shots.  These were graves of WWII veterans and their families.

The sky was really that blue! I didn't edit it at all!

This is the drive into the cemetery - hundreds of flagpoles - very cool. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Caleb's lone sock look! ..also love the determination in his face trying to crush the can!
    The statue really does look like Lisa Ling! :)
    ..your photos at Fort Custer are great, I sadly have never ventured out there, definitely need to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spidey makes me laugh!! Love the can photos!

    ReplyDelete