Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 19 - Melissa

Apple




A caramel apple from Kilwins is one of our favorite treats!  Alex didn't quite understand how you are supposed to bite the apple and opted to lick it instead.










My mother in-law made us a YUMMY apple pie today!  Tyler picked out chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for on top.
 

Leaf


This was a really cool tree out at the state park.  The leaves didn't fade/blend like most leaves do and instead looked blotchy as if their tips had been dipped in color. 
 

Sweater


 



 This is an old sweater of my mom's that I have had for at least 15 years.  I like to joke at work that it is vintage from the 80s but really, I love it because it is just a well made Woolworth's sweater that has held up all these years.  It keeps me warm in the middle of the winter - even when I'm not wearing a jacket.











Cool Morning



All last week Lake Charlevoix had fog rolling at the surface and it was really neat to see the sun come up and shine on it.  THIS week, it was raining, gloomy, and windy.  Luckily, I took this shot on 31 just outside Bayshore heading to Petoskey Monday.  The sun was peeking out of the trees and the rays were beaming through the morning fog.  I hadn't even seen the list yet!









Fall Color



This time of year out at Young State Park you can look across Lake Charlevoix as the sun sets over Whiting's Park.  The pinks and oranges of the sun setting really accentuates the colors of the trees.






Pumpkin

The three little cuties are from Kiteley's Farm Market.  The bigger one is from my dentist's office.  When you get your teeth cleaned in October, they give you a pumpkin.  I picked out this little one because of its perfectly round shape.






Halloween Decor


Again, one of my mother's old treasures - she used to keep a small candle in the cauldron but I just put it out for show.  She was broken in half once (Adam?) but Super-glued back together.  I really don't know why I keep her, but she is probably the only consistent Halloween decoration that is in my house.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Melissa! I love your leaf photo - the color is beautiful on it. Also, I am jealous of your co morning and fall color. I so miss The Boyne area in the fall!

    ReplyDelete