Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week Nineteen - Ashli

This week was lots of fun and much easier that the past few weeks have been.  It was refreshing to sit back and capture the beauty of the season and focus a little more on the concepts, rather than spending all my time trying to set up shots that would not naturally occur in my life. (Although, I do think those are necessary too, if I am to grow in my photography)  An afternoon trip to the arboretum with my kids, a camping trip, and an excursion to a cider mill all helped me capture these shots.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them!

Apple:



During our walk at the Arboretum, we stopped for a snack under some beautiful orange leafed Maples.  I love that the apple is so big it makes his nose scrunch up. I also love that he loves to eat fresh fall apples as much as me!

Leaf:

Caleb found this leaf - he said it looks like Llama Llama???  I don't know, but I thought it was cool that it was mis-shapen but didn't appear to be diseased or ripped. 
I found this tree on our walk too. I love the color, the shape, and the pattern of veins. I am proud of my depth of field here - I even achieved a little bokeh at the bottom!



Cool Morning:

I got this one on an early morning photo walk around the campground where we camped this weekend. I love how the water was like a mirror.  Very pretty place to spend my moring!

The cooler mornings have lead to very heavy dew.  These drops are hanging from my patio table.


Fall Color:

This was the stand of trees we were sitting under in the apple photo - aren't they pretty? No color editing on this one.


This beautiful crimson came from a shrub in my back yard.  No color editing.


Pumpkin:

Part of our trip to the cider mill included a wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch.  These two pumpkins sitting in the path caught my eye, and I liked the red barn in the background. 


I am very happy with my photos this week.  Although it seems I am destined to never get all seven!  Oh well, maybe one of these days I will!  P.S.  I promise I don't love Caleb more than Quinn, although he does make far more appearances in my photos.  He is just a far better model when it comes to taking direction.  And Quinn is not a fan of eating apples. :-) 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. On the reflection photo, I really like how you DIDN'T capture the sky color, clouds, etc. but DID in the water.

      Delete
    2. On the reflection photo, I really like how you DIDN'T capture the sky color, clouds, etc. but DID in the water.

      Delete
    3. On the reflection photo, I really like how you DIDN'T capture the sky color, clouds, etc. but DID in the water.

      Delete
  2. LOVE your leaf photo with the bokeh! Very nice! I also love your pumpkin shot, looks like you had a great time taking your pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dew picture is really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Melissa, I guess I should thank you three times for that comment? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Melissa, I guess I should thank you three times for that comment? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, it wasn't working when actually it was. But you know what I mean since you thanked me twice. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete