Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ashli - Week Eleven

Once again, I didn't think I had many photos for the week, but when I downloaded them onto the computer, they magically appeared!  I got six out of the seven, which is pretty amazing since it was a summer/beachy theme and it finally rained here for two and a half days!  I'm not complaining though, the rain was VERY much needed.  Here are my photos!

Water: I took the boys and my neighbor's two daughters to the water park on Wednesday.  We all had a great time, but Quinn was especially adorable enjoying all the different features in the splash park.
Quinn loving the "rain"

Checking out the tunnel

I love how the water looks so crystal clear and refreshing in this one.  Not a great expression on his face but very Quinn-ish
Sun: Glad I captured these photos during the first few days of the week when there actually was some sun!
Using the pinhole feature on my camera

I know this isn't technically sun, but I just love this photo and had to include it.  The kids were playing with water beads and I was playing with my camera - pretty neat huh?
Sand: Self explanatory, and the only photo I had to kind of stage. 
We were supposed to go to the beach on Thursday but it rained all day, so the sand box will have to suffice
Barefoot: This is probably NOT what you were expecting for barefoot, but hey, he's got six of 'em and he's not wearing any shoes!
I think this is either a young cicada or a leaf hopper.  Can't be sure.  Not a grasshopper because it doesn't have the big back legs.  Anybody know?
Growing: My boys are growing up too fast!  Their first trip to the dentist went better than I could have imagined!
Caleb went first - he was a little nervous in the waiting room, but he did great

I had to stop taking pictures because Quinn kept trying to look at the camera
Chilling: I took these two photos while were taking one of our daily walks around the neighborhood.
We stopped to rest in the shade for a minute because Quinn was tired of pedaling his tricycle

Caught this little guy with an acorn in his mouth - just hanging out on our neighbor's driveway. I like how he's silhouetted against the green leaves.

6 comments:

  1. I love the waterbead picture! They are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waterbead photo is AWESOME! The water photos turned out really good too Ash! Its crazy how fast the boys are growing. Such big boys sitting in the dentist chair! Travis goes for his first in November. Ben of course is going for his third in December. :) Two boys in school, a first for both of us. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! Im so happy to be on this journey of motherhood with you by my side. (Even if it is three hours away!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your water bead photo is great! Love it! Love the photo of the three of you together too, your boys are adorable Ashli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck is a water bead? It looks like CGI. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Amy, they are marketed as Orbeez in the toy aisle, but I get mine in the floral arranging section at Michaels. They come in all colors and are tiny beads that swell up when you soak them in water. They are great for sensory play. Very cheap too, like $2 for an envelope that makes a huge bin full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool!! I'm going to have to get some.

    ReplyDelete