Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 11 - Anne

Hello Friends!  It was another crazy week for the Horton-Weis Family.  Luckily, I have awesome Parents-In-Law who made sure that I got a break here and there this week as I was home alone all week with a sick baby.  Boy, were we glad when Daddy got home!

               Water





I took a few hours off from being a Mommy and went to a wonderful beach to catch some rays by the ocean.  You can see the Golden Gate Bridge peaking out of the morning fog in this shot.  Can you see the blimp roaming around up there?








                                                                                                         Sun



I was not able to get a sun shot that I really loved, so I grabbed a shot of this beautiful Ethiopian basket that we have hanging in our kitchen.  It always feels like sunshine to me.






                              Sand



This is another shot from my beach excursion (I'm still sunburned!). The remnants of a once wonderful sand castle.








                                                                                                          Barefoot








This is a fun family foot photograph!  Say that 5 times fast!











                Cool Drink




I love Carmel Frapachinos... but our budget doesn't lend itself to such a splurge very often.  I've been making them at home now... with Splenda!  And I've discovered the trick to making them.  I ordered some Xanthum Gum (a corn biproduct) and add a pinch to keep the coffe and frappe from separating 








                                                                 Growing



We had a Mommy and Daddy Morning Dove take up residence in one of my empty plant pots.  Top left is the last shot taken... and egg that didn't develop.  Then, there is Mommy and one of the babies (I assume the other is underneath her), and then the two babies, hours before they took off to explore the world.

                                                                  Chillin'
We celebrated Max's 8 month birthday with a trip to the park... and his first experience in the swing!  He looks excited here... but he wasn't that interested.  He would rather have spent his time flirting with the little girl next to us.


4 comments:

  1. Great pics Anne! I love that the bridge is just peaking through the fog. Max is sooooo cute and I love how you decorated his helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos this week! My favorite are the sandcastle, the homemade frappucino and the birds! How cool that you could get so close to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beach picture with the Golden gate Bridge peeking through is beautiful! Max is adorable too! :)

    ReplyDelete