Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week 11 - Melissa


WATER

Oh, how to choose when these last two weeks have been all about water fun.  This week, between the boating in Lake Superior and all the waterfalls and streams how do I choose?  Here are a few of my favorites:



















SUN

 On our way back from Munising, I realized we would be crossing the bridge at sunset.  This was the photo I planned on getting but then...








I was lucky enough to have a rainstorm moving across the islands and the sun reflected this double rainbow.  It was a matter of being in the right place at the right time.  I couldn't choose between these two photos, the first with the colors of the sky and the second with the sun's reflection on the boat.


SAND



A shipwreck resting on the sandy shore.









BAREFOOT


Purple sands on the Lake Superior at Picture Rocks National Shoreline.  This is Sam's (age 6) bare foot.














GROWING


The saying is "children grow like weeds" but I believe my children are getting as big as trees.  Here is my youngest (turning 5 next week) playing peek-a-boo behind a very large tree on the path to Wagner Falls in Munising.










7 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures! Love the one of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rainbow photos are beautiful Melissa! Looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Melissa! My top three faces are the leaf in the stream, the shipwreck and the huge tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I love the one that you got of the rainbow, and the purple sandy beach looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful nature shots!Love the shipwreck, double rainbow and waterfall. Simply amazing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures! Especially the purple sand and Sam's foot - perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everybody! We had a great time!

    ReplyDelete