Monday, September 3, 2012

Week Fourteen - Ashli

Well, it was a crazy week and I did not take a lot of photos.  Contrary to the prior weeks when I thought I didn't get a lot of photos, only to discover I had more than I thought, this week I truly only got four. :-(  I'd like to say the next two weeks will be better, but they will be spent getting ready for vacation and actually going on vacation, so we'll see.  Here's what I got:

Fire:
Our campfire Friday night
Air:

Stars : I read an online tutorial about how to take pictures of stars.  I was hopeful, but not too optimistic since I did not have the super wide angle lens they said you needs.  Anyway, I set my aperture to 2.8, my shutter speed to 15 seconds (as high as it will go)  and this is what I got.  I did enhance them a little, but I didn't add any fake stars, just helped the ones that were there to come through.  In the last one, the bushes look very orange because of the glow of a neighboring campfire.  It's my favorite!

The Big Dipper




Moon:

4 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures! The stars are my next hurdle to overcome and get a good shot now that I have gotten the moon.
    Your clouds are very neat, reminds me of fireworks shooting off in the daylight.
    I always like your moon shots with the eerie cloud colors.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the stars....let me know where you found the tutorial. I would love to take a look. Your moon photo is amazing as well Ash! LOVE it...seeing an amazing growth in your personal photography! Seriously, great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps...the tree in bottom corner of moon photo makes the photo! Gives it a direction and the use of framing! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your air photo! your stars shots are so pretty, love the colors in your last shot!

    ReplyDelete