Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 13 - Amy

Morning Time
This is driving up Cabbage Hill into the Blue Mountains at 7:30am. I was transporting a couple guys up the mountain for a bike ride down it for work. 

Shopping
Yes folks, those are Christmas decorations. They were in the local Dollar Store this week. We always stop at this store to pick up snacks and drinks before heading to the pool. I was shocked to see Christmas decorations out already. Really? Christmas is four months away, people!

School Supplies
Sometimes it seems like the strangest things find their way onto the school supply list. Kieric's list had a ream of copy paper on it. That really ticked Shane off. He doesn't think we should have to help supplement the school's budget by buying classroom supplies. I reminded him that it was his child's education and he needed to just buy it.

Outside
The boys' favorite activity this Summer was going to the Aquatic Center. They are such water babies! They have spent so much time in the pool that they have very distinct tan lines from their swim shorts.

End of Summer
Well, Summer does not officially end around here until after the Round Up. That happens in two more weeks. This is the Let 'Er Buck statue outside of the Round Up grounds. It is the official symbol of the Round Up and various depictions of the Let 'Er Buck buckaroo can be found around town. They even make a whiskey named for the town with the Let 'Er Buck symbol on the bottle. Pendleton Whiskey. It's actually a great whiskey, very smooth and better than Crown Royal in my opinion...if you're into whiskey.

Hair Do
Big brother doing little sister's hair. He just brushed it for her. He likes to be a big helper.

Attitude
...and this is her attitude about Dagny helping her. She likes to do everything herself these days. She pitches a major fit and throws big attitude around when she doesn't get her way.

4 comments:

  1. Your leading lines are spot on AMY!! Way to go! The way you used them on the end of summer photo is perfect. Not only do the lines lead up to your focus (which force your viewers to do the same) but the angle makes what could of been a very flat two dimensional photo into something more interesting. Using the sidewalk crack is EXACTLY what I was talking about. Would you of ever though about taking that photo before this challeng, just wondering? Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I would never have thought of it. I greatly appreciate you putting the concepts out there. I'm very much a novice at taking pictures. This whole blog project makes me take pictures on a regular basis, too. I have not been very good about taking pictures in the past. I actually took several other pictures that fit the rule of three and leading lines, but they didn't really fit this week. So, maybe when I'm short a picture in future weeks I'll pull them out.

      Delete
  2. Really great photos Amy! I can see a lot of growth in your photography, just in the few weeks since you've joined us. I think you really did a fantastic job this week. The pool photo and attitude are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the attitude photo. I almost didn't use it because I thought it looked too fuzzy. It was a major crop from a larger picture, so looks a little grainy, I think.

      Delete