Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week Thirteen - Ashli

I really enjoyed having the concepts this week.  However, I did not find that I was able to match them up with the list very well.  I took lots of photos using the rule of thirds and leading lines -- they just didn't fall into the right categories!  I did manage quite a few though: 

Morning/Hair Do(n't): 
Caleb and Quinn eating their breakfast while we were camping.  As you can see, they both have some serious bed head!
Outside:  I have too many outside pictures to choose from.  Here are my top three: 

I like to think of this one as a Message from God - I love how the sun's rays are peeking out from behind the cloud.

I took the boys to  a new park and we went exploring down the path.
I captured the sun just before it set - I did not enhance the colors at all - they were beautiful!


End of Summer: Every year Battle Creek has two hot air balloon races.  The second of these occurs the third week in August and signals the end of summer for our town.  I don't know if the beauty and awe of these beautiful balloons will ever wear off.  They are spectacular!



 
 Attitude!  As some of you read on Facebook last week, I got my kids to try Indian food for the first time at home.  They liked it! So we decided to try taking them with us to our favorite Indian restaurant.  Here is how they felt about it respectively.  
Caleb loved it! He tried two different dishes, and ate lots of rice and naan. He has been asking for it for dinner daily since this night.

Clockwise from the top: Lamb Rogan Josh, Chicken Tikka Masala Matter Paneer and Basmati rice  Yum!

Quinn ate rice and naan and a couple bites of chicken, but he wasn't overly excited as you can see.  :-) 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your attitude pic of Quinn!
    Your outdoor photos of the sky, sunrise & sunset are beautiful Ashli!
    I had no idea that BC had 2 balloon events a year, your pics of them are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Indian Food!!
    I like your Balloon pics, too. In my extreme novice experience I'd call the first picture a leading line, albeit at an angle. The rope lines draw my eye right up to the center. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle - Yes, the blue balloon photo and the boys walking down the path are my two attempts at leading lines. I will continue to try to incorporate the concepts in future weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your message from God photo is amazing Ashli!! The photo of the boys walking down the path is a spot on Rule of thirds and leading lines!! Yay!! You did so good and I can't wait to see what else you capture. These are going to be such good memories! I seriously need to come down one time for the balloon launch! WAY COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete