Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week Ten - Ashli

This week's theme was not all that difficult, however, I did not manage to take all photos of everything on the list (I know big surprise, right?).  I do have photos for five of them though.  Next week my personal goal is to get all 7!  Here ya go:

Torch
The boys discovered that, if they put a cup over their flashlight, it turned into a torch of sorts.  I got this photo by setting my shutter speed as long as it would go, 8 seconds. 

I really liked this photo of the campfire. It looks alive, and I love how there is a piece of wood glowing almost purple.
Games
The boys were playing a relay game with the pogo ball. I like this one because it shows the motion, but his face and the ball are still in focus.
I liked this one because it freezes the motion, and I like the giant shadow, even though most probably wouldn't like the evidence of the flash. 
I don't know if this is the greatest photo ever, but it makes Quinn look like a giant, while still having something interesting in the background.  Mostly it happened because it's really hard to get a photo of a boy bouncing on a ball straight at you. :-)

 Country

I couldn't choose between these two so I'm adding them both.

I actually took this from the moving truck somewhere around Middleville, Michigan.  The sky was amazing.

What says country more than a bouquet of wild flowers (aka weeds)?

Rings
Our rings.  They still look pretty good eight years later.
Victorious
This week Quinn finally mastered pedaling his tricycle.  I was beginning to think it was hopeless. He's giving me a weird look because I'm practically laying down in the street to get this shot.
 See y'all next week!

5 comments:

  1. Ash, I've tried to take a picture of a boy on pogo ball. You did much better than I did! I love barn shots and yours is right up there. Your "weeds" are delicate and beautiful. And... I like the looks Quinn gives you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the clouds in the barn shot! One of the concepts of photography is "clouds are your friends" They always bring depth and interest to the entire photo! I think you did good my friend. I on the other hand will be late. I will try to get them up tomorrow. Had way to much to do this week. Havent even brought my cameras in from my car yet! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the rings picture. I love black and whites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures this week Ashli! Especially the black & white of your rings, and the mason jar & flowers.. beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep going back to the barn photo. The clouds are amazing! Just a quick tip. Next time your out with your camera look through the camera (not at the LCD screen) and see if you can see a grid. If you have one try not looking past that. Use that as a guide and try to keep the horizon straight. That was one of my biggest problems at first. I never paid much attention to the horizon. Now its second nature. You are progressing so fast, your photos are really turning out fantastic! I can't wait to go out and do a shoot with you soon!!

    ReplyDelete