Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week 10 - Melissa

TORCH
 
Mmmm... smores!  Although the kids all torched their marshmallows, my husband did an excellent job getting his a nice golden brown. 



CEREMONY







A community toast at sunset to Lake Charlevoix voted by USA Today the first runner up as best lake in America.



GAMES
This is two of my boys and my nephew, Max.  They are playing tic-tac-toe with sidewalk chalk, black rocks and white rocks at my mom's campsite.  I love the toy in Sam's mouth - it reminds me of old men sitting around the poker table with cigars.


COUNTRY
 What says "Country" more than the Boyne Falls Polish Festival Mud Run?!

This was our first time attending this event (hard to believe, I know) and my son, Sam, says it was "EPIC!!"

I couldn't decide between my photos so I picked two of the muddiest.


 
FLAGS
Here are the flags my dad flies on his sailboat.  My Sam went with him, my sister, and two cousins to bring the boat back from Harbor Springs where he won 2nd place in the Ugotta Regatta.


VICTORIOUS
 I have been trying to get a good shot of the moon for years.  Who knew that going for a walk while camping would be the day I would succeed?  I couldn't decide which to post, so I posted them both.  I had to put the camera on a post to steady it so I could open the shutter and they are just slightly blurred; still, I am thrilled with how they turned out.



9 comments:

  1. I had a lot of fun this week. At first, I thought this would be difficult theme to master but as I went along, I found plenty of subjects to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photo of the marshmallows and the moon! Great job this week! Looks like you had a fun vacation. Is it still going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have one more week of vacation! I really enjoyed this week. I admit it was a bit daunting at first but I really like how it all came together.

      Delete
  3. Great Moon photo Melissa! You did what I was thinking that night. I totally know what night that was. The moon was calling my name but my bed was just simply louder that night! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aisha! I am so happy with how they turned out! I slept on an air mattress that night, so I wasn't in much of a hurry. :)

      Delete